The Baudette Depot is one of our town’s many attractions. It is open on select dates throughout the year and is available to rent for your special occasion. There were two other Depot buildings built, one in 1901 and the other in 1908. Both were located nearer to the Rainy River and both were lost to fire. The new building was built nearer to down town and the community where it was an integral part of the Main Ave. location and still is today. The last passenger train rolled through Baudette in the late 1970’s with the closing of the building in the mid 1980’s. The Depot Preservation Alliance was organized in 1997. They received a grant from the Lake of the Woods County to replace the roof. A housing grant was also received from the city of Baudette to renovate the Train Master’s apartment up stairs. It had not been occupied since the 1950″s. In 2008 a Federal Transportation Net Work History Grant administrated by MNDOT and the MN Historical Society was given for the majority of the restoration project. The balance of the funding came from NM Legacy Grant and Lake of the Woods County. The project was completed in December 2010.
Send Message to listing owner